#CJDSChat on Twitter
Utilizing Twitter because of its ability to unite people over different geographies and time zones, in addition to the ways the platform has been employed as an activist tool amongst disabled peoples, the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies is hosting a monthly chat through our Twitter account, with the hashtag #CJDSChat
What is a Twitter chat?
A twitter chat is a public conversation at a specific day and time that occurs on Twitter using a unique hashtag: we will be using #CJDSChat. Including the hashtag in your tweets allows you to follow the conversation that is occurring as well as participate in it.
What do I need to participate in a Twitter chat?
- A Twitter account,
- The hashtag for the chat, and
- Knowledge of what time and day the chat will occur.
How do I participate in a Twitter chat?
- Sign into your twitter account.
- Using the search function on Twitter, locate the hashtag for the chat (#CJDSChat); this allows you to see what other people in the chat will be saying.
- Read the questions posted by moderator (@TheCJDS).
- Answer using the question number and include the chat hashtag.
- For example, in their tweet @TheCJDS asked,
Q1: What is the answer to life, the universe and everything? #CJDSChat
- Your answer would then mirror the question.
A1: The great philosopher Douglas Adams stated that the answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42. I don’t agree; I think it is ΔS ³ #CJDSChat
- Respond to tweets from the other folks in the chat as you would other users on Twitter.
- That’s pretty much it! You can reply to as many or as few of the questions as you would like; however, if you don’t indicate which question you’re responding to (e.g., using A[nswer]4 to show you’re answering Q[uestion]4) or if you forget to include the chat’s hashtag, it will be a little bit more difficult for others to follow along.
February 2020 Chat
Being a Disabled TA/Prof
Monday February 10th 7:45pm-8:45pm Eastern Standard Time (EST)
March 2020 Chat
Creating Community Online
Monday March 9th 7:45pm-8:45pm EST
April 2020 Chat
Thursday April 9th 7:45pm-8:45pm EST
We’d love for you to join us. Send an RSVP tweet to @TheCJDS – and don’t forget the #CJDSChat hashtag!